You can create the most beautiful, delicious vegan pate recipe solely out of plants! And this recipe for Zucchini Pate can inspire you with its creamy, earthy texture and flavor. It’s the perfect dish for parties or appetizers courses. Serve this plant-based pâté with crackers, toasted baguette, veggies, and olives on your appetizer board. You can also serve it as an accompaniment with veggie patties or loaves. Just sauté the shredded zucchini, eggplant, and onion with some seasonings, and mix with a fresh cashew cream. Spoon this Zucchini Pate into your favorite dish and serve warm, room temperature, or chilled. It’s also a delicious hostess gift served in a mason jar with a bow!
What is pate?
Pâté (pronounced pa-tay) is a French dish which is basically a terrine of creamy ground meats (such as organ meats, beef, poultry) and vegetables which are baked into a mold. It is then served with bread. In order to follow the classic tradition, I like to make vegan pates out of savory plant-based ingredients, such as eggplant, zucchini, nuts, herbs, and spices, to serve at parties. Check out my Eggplant Pecan Pâté here, which offers a different take on vegan pâté recipes.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings 1x
Create a gorgeous, delicious, healthy vegan pate with this easy recipe for Zucchini Pate, which is based on zucchini, eggplant, onions, and cashew cream.
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch salt and white pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 small eggplant, shredded
- 1 small onion, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Place cashews in a small dish, cover with boiling water, and soak for 15 minutes. Drain water, and add cashews to a small blender, along with garlic, plant-based milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy (about 3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté (stirring frequently) the shredded zucchini, eggplant, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper and continue sautéing, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the cashew cream until smooth.
- Transfer the zucchini pate to a ramekin or serving dish (about 2 cup size). Garnish with basil and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve with crackers, bread, or vegetables. Makes 8 servings (about 1/4 cup each).
*check out this guide on how to make cashew cream here.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dips
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 72 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: pate, what is pate, vegan pate
Check out these other vegan dips:
“Cheddar” Cashew Cheese
Tomato Pesto Hummus
Almond Sage Cranberry Crema
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.
Discussion about this post