I’m so excited to be writing this post today because I have exciting news to share: Kara Lydon Nutrition is hiring a Registered Dietitian to join their growing team! If you are passionate about helping people heal their relationships with food and their bodies, then this job is for you! We practice evidence-based nutritional counseling under models of intuitive eating and health at every size. We see clients with eating disorders, disordered eating, digestive disorders, and general health and wellness concerns. We also run the healthy food and lifestyle blog, The Foodie Dietitian.
You don’t need a lot of experience in these areas but you should have passion, a keen interest and an eagerness to learn, grow and develop. And if you have experience in these areas, even better! More important than your knowledge base or experience, is your general skill set and demeanor. We are looking for someone who is empathetic, compassionate and conscientious. A very enthusiastic and hard working person. Flexible and adaptable person with attention to detail. And someone with strong verbal and written communication skills. If this sounds like you, I hope you apply!
To give you more information about our particular practices, approach and values, please visit our website Nutrition advice page And the About page. I am so excited to grow this team and to be able to provide nutritional advice to more people who need support. If you are not interested in this position but know someone who might be, I would greatly appreciate it if you would pass on the position.
And for the full job description and application instructions, see below!
Job title: Registered Dietitian
company: Nutritionist Kara Lydon
condition: part time
Kara Lydon Nutrition is looking to hire a Registered Dietitian to join its growing team! You will be providing outpatient virtual nutrition counseling to clients with eating disorders, eating disorder, gastrointestinal disorders and general health and wellness concerns. You will collaborate with client therapy teams to coordinate care and participate in continuing education and supervision to hone your skills and knowledge. In addition to 1:1 counseling, there are also opportunities to run support groups, help set up the group, and provide marketing support. This is a part time position that could develop into a full time position.
Kara Lydon Nutrition is a private holistic weight loss nutrition practice that specializes in intuitive eating and treatment of eating disorders and disordered eating. Our doctors know about trauma and care about social justice. We are currently 100% virtual but may offer a hybrid (remote/in-person) model in the future. We offer regular individual and group supervision, scheduling, billing support, professional memberships, and continuing education opportunities.
1. Utilizing medical nutrition therapy and evidence-based care to provide effective and ethical nutritional advice to clients.
2. Coordinating care with other members of treatment teams in a professional manner.
3. Engage in regular supervision and continuing education to refine skills and knowledge base.
4. Coordinate with other members of the Kara Lydon team for management nutrition.
5. Provide accurate documentation of client visits.
6. Run support groups, help set up the group, and provide marketing support, if applicable.
Required work experience:
Preference is given to those with work experience in the field of eating disorders. Preference will be given to applicants with experience and/or interest in working with adolescents.
• Familiar with the principles of intuitive eating and their applications
• Familiarity with and compliance with Health At Every Size® principles
• Experience using motivational interviewing and other counseling techniques (CBT, ACT, IFS, etc.)
• Ability to analyze research studies and communicate results
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented, hardworking, and highly motivated
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Ability to engage in self-care practices
• Eager to learn and grow
• Empathetic, compassionate and attentive
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Registered and licensed dietitian in the state of Massachusetts
• Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Nutrition
Compensation: Competitive rate based on qualifications and experience
starting date: February 2023
1. Submit a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for the position as well as a CV/CV (including social media accounts, if applicable).
2. Email applications to email@example.com by January 3rd.