I like to think outside the box for breakfast and snack time, right? While we all love a good banana or zucchini bread, did you know you can make moist, light, and delicious vegan bread out of just about any fruit and vegetable? That’s why I turn to the power of sweet potatoes in this humble, yet delicious, all-vegan sweet potato bread recipe.
One bite, you’d never guess this sweet potato bread recipe has the naturally rich sweet potato flavor, along with the spice, Apple juiceAnd nut flour. Plus, this vegan sweet potato bread is healthy enough for breakfast, thanks to its low-sugar, nutrient-dense ingredients. It is 100% vegetarian. Prepare it the day before and store it in the fridge for breakfast the next morning, served with hot coffee and grapefruit. Now, that’s the way to breakfast! It’s also delicious as a snack or even as a dessert. Enjoy!
With one bite, you’d never guess this bread is naturally rich sweet potato flavor, along with spices, apple juice, and nut flour. Plus, sweet potato bread is healthy enough for breakfast, thanks to its low-sugar, nutrient-dense ingredients. It is 100% vegetarian. Prepare it the day before and store it in the fridge for breakfast the next morning, served with hot coffee and grapefruit. Now, that’s the way to breakfast! It’s also delicious as a snack or even as a dessert. Enjoy!
Step by step guide:
Our 100% Vegan Sweet Potato Bread is made with highly nutritious whole grain sweet potatoes, flaxseeds, chia seeds, walnuts and applesauce. Light on sugar and rich in nutrients, this is a delicious bread you can feel really good about.
- Place the chopped sweet potatoes in a frying pan or Microwave safe dishCover with a cup of water, and bring to a boil or microwave until tender (about 8 minutes in the microwave, 15 minutes in the skillet). Remove from heat, drain, reserving 14 cups of the cooking water, and set aside. Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. sit aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chia seeds, flaxseeds, and plant-based milk in a bowl and blend for 2 minutes using an electric mixer.
- Add the apple juice, mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water, and the oil, mixing well.
- Add the coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar), flour, nut meal, baking soda, salt (optional), and pumpkin pie spice and walnuts, and mix until well combined (do not over-stir).
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour mixture into loaf pan. Put it in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Makes a thick and moist loaf. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down a bit. Gently remove the bread from the loaf pan. Cut it into 12 slices. Serve warm or chilled, as desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- category: bread
- dishes: American
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 258
- sugar: 11 grams
- sodium: 169 mg
- Fat: 17 grams
- Saturated fat: 1 gram
- carbohydrates: 24 grams
- the basic: 4 g
- protein: 5 grams
Key words: Vegan Bread Recipe, Sweet Potato Bread, Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
For other healthy vegan baked goods, check out the following recipes:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click over here.