Make a rich, earthy vegan pumpkin bread with pumpkin seeds in a jiffy with this foolproof recipe, which is light in added sugars and oils, and packed with moist, pumpkin-spice flavors. Chia and flax seeds provide the properties to provide a wonderful texture, with a touch of whole wheat flour and crunchy pumpkin seeds to provide fiber and essential nutrients in this healthy pumpkin bread recipe. This easy pumpkin bread is fabulous in lunch boxes, for breakfast, coffee breaks, and desserts. You can make a double batch and stick one in the freezer, too!
Make a rich, earthy vegan pumpkin bread with pumpkin seeds in a jiffy with this foolproof easy pumpkin bread recipe, which is light in added sugars and oils, and packed with moist, pumpkin-spice flavors.
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place pumpkin, plant-based milk, oil, chia seeds, and flax seeds in a large mixing bowl and combine with an electric mixer for 2 minutes (or beat by hand with a wooden spoon).
- Add coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar), all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt (optional), cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, and combine with electric mixer just until smooth and well blended (do not overmix).
- Stir in pumpkin seeds.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour batter into parchment-paper lined loaf pan, smoothing to even with a spatula. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, if desired (optional).
- Place in oven and bake for about 55-60 minutes, until fork inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Lift paper with bread out of loaf pan and remove bread. Slice into 12 slices, and serve warm. Store in refrigerator.
- Makes 12 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 168 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread, best pumpkin bread, easy pumpkin bread
For other vegan pumpkin recipes, check out:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.