Discover the Top 50 Vegan Blogs for 2023, based on nominations and quality of content, recipes, and nutrition information. These are the top plant-based bloggers you should be following in 2023, each of whom are providing an amazing array of resources straight to your kitchen and lifestyle!
Plant-based eating is more prevalent than ever, inspiring cleaner and healthier lifestyles. Whether vegan, vegetarian, or flexitarian, more than 90% of people say they’re interested in eating more plant- based today, and one in ten Americans say they don’t eat meat. Lucky for us, inspiration, nutrition advice, gorgeous recipes, and tips for highlighting plants on the plate is just a tap of the keyboard away to our favorite plant-based and vegan blogs. There are now so many vegan blogs to choose from, sifting through them for high quality content can be a challenge. That’s why our team at SharonPalmer.com gathered our top picks of the best vegan bloggers for 2023. We based our list on a variety of criteria, including nominations by a community on my social media channels and critical review based on the following:
- Does the blog offer primarily 100% plant-based content?
- Does the blog provide helpful, evidence-based information that is free from fads?
- Is the blog gorgeous, delicious, healthy, and inviting?
- Is the blog content fresh and frequently updated?
- Does the blog have a unique, standout viewpoint?
We applaud these amazing vegan bloggers’ demonstration of commitment to providing high value, reliable, helpful, and science-based information to the public. We are completely in awe of and inspired by their content and the amazing work they do!
Ready for it? Here you go (drumroll please)…the Top 50 Vegan Food Blogs of 2023 that keep on inspiring! Make sure to check them all out this year. And let us know which are your own favorite plant-based blogs in my comments section below. While you’re at it, look at our Top Plant-Based Blogs from last year here.
Top 50 Vegan Blogs of 2023
1. Vegan Richa
- Creator: Richa Hingle, recipe developer, content creator, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes and resources
- Unique Viewpoint: Award-winning recipe developer and blogger shares recipes that are vegan with gluten, soy-nut, and oil-free options, as well as instant pot options. Specialty is Indian food.
- Creator: Ella Woodward, recipe developer
- Content: Provides recipes, resources, and products
- Unique Viewpoint: Recipe developer Ella Woodward shares a plant-based lifestyle platform that provides vegan recipes, a series of podcasts, plant-based food products, and more.
3. Oh She Glows
- Creator: Angela Liddon, recipe developer, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, tips, and advice
- Unique Viewpoint: Recipe developer and photographer Angela Liddon shares vegan, plant-based, and family-friendly recipes the whole family will love. Gluten-free and allergy-free options are available.
- Creators: Jeanine Donofrio and Jack Mathews
- Content: Plant-based recipes, including vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free
- Unique Viewpoint: This husband and wife team create their plant-based recipes from home. Resources include three cookbooks and helpful information on products and plant-based cooking basics.
- Creator: Whitney English and Alex Caspero, registered dietitians
- Content: Provide recipes, prenatal and pediatric nutrition, meal guides, and resources
- Unique Viewpoint: As registered dietitians and parents, Whitney and Alex share vegan, and plant-based recipes targeting the prenatal and pediatric community.
- Creator: Jackie Sobon, recipe developer, photographer, writer
- Content: Provides recipes and photography lessons
- Unique Vision: Recipe developer and food photographer Jackie Sobon provides vegan, plant-based, recipes on her blog as well as menu/recipe development tips, and photography lessons.
- Creator: Amy Katz, certified vegan health coach, recipe developer
- Content: Provides recipes and nutrition guides
- Unique Viewpoint: Amy Katz is a certified vegan health coach who shares vegan, plant-based recipes on her blog. Specialty is Mediterranean.
- Creator: Sarah McMinn, culinary school graduate, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, resources, and guides
- Unique Viewpoint: A 15-year and counting vegan, professional photographer, and culinary school graduate, Sarah McMinn shines the light on vegan, plant-based, and family friendly recipes on her food blog.
- Creator: Gena Hamshaw, registered dietitian, recipe developer, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, nutrition counseling, reflections, resources, and articles
- Unique Viewpoint: Keeping in mind accessible and fun vegan cooking, registered dietitian Gena Hamshaw shares her vegan, plant-based recipes, with gluten-, soy-, tree-nut, and oil-free options.
- Creator: Sophia Tsoukas DeSantis, Master’s in education, recipe developer, food photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, nutrition courses, and coaching/support
- Unique Viewpoint: Sophia shares vegan, plant-based, gluten-free, and sugar-free recipes on her blog by using whole food ingredients to create simple recipes.
- Creator: Larisha and Andrew Bernard, writers, photographers
- Content: Provides recipes and nutrition resources
- Unique Viewpoint: Award-winning team, Larisha and Andrew Bernard, provide vegan, plant-based recipes along with nutrition resources.
- Creator: Tajda Ferko
- Content: Vegan recipes easy enough for beginners with step-by-step instructions
- Unique Viewpoint: Award-winning food photographer, Tajda captures every step of the prep, from ingredients to process, visually coaching each recipe to perfection.
- Creator: Emily von Euw, recipe developer, food photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, product reviews, recipe demos
- Unique Viewpoint: After creating raw vegan desserts, Em started a vegan food blog with raw, plant-based recipes.
14. Easy Chickpeasy
- Creator: Tori Vasko, MS, RD
- Content: Beautifully photographed plant-based recipes packed with information
- Unique Viewpoint: Tori is a dietitian who provides nutrition information, references studies, and gives ingredient substitutions and variations for every recipe, even storage and helpful tips.
15. Taylor Wolfram
- Creator: Taylor Wolfram, registered dietitian, writer
- Content: Provides nutrition counseling, nutrition information, and courses
- Unique Viewpoint: As a registered dietitian and writer, Taylor specializes in intuitive eating, self-care, and vegan nutrition, and provides nutrition counseling and courses with a take on veganism.
- Creator: Toni Okamoto
- Content: Affordable, tasty, and accessible plant-based recipes
- Unique Viewpoint: Tori shows us all how plant-based eating doesn’t have to mean spending a lot of money on complex ingredients, instead sharing easy, delicious, and affordable plant-based meals.
- Creator: Katie Higgins, recipe developer, writer, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes and meal ideas
- Unique Viewpoint: A food blog dedicated to pure desserts that are all vegan with gluten, soy, and sugar free options.
18. Emilie Eats
- Creator: Emilie Hebert, MS in nutrition, recipe developer, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes and tips
- Unique Viewpoint: On a mission to create mouth-watering plant-based dishes anyone can enjoy.
- Creator: Erin Wysocarski, recipe development, writers, food photographers, food stylers
- Content: Provides recipes, reviews, and interviews
- Unique Viewpoint: Along with her husband, recipe creator and food photographer, Erin Wysocarski shares her vegan comfort food. Specialty is vegan seafood and East Asian-inspired dishes.
20. Minimalist Vegan
- Creator: Maša and Michael Ofei, photographers, recipe developers, authors, podcasters, bloggers
- Content: Provides articles and resources on minimalism, sustainable living, and veganism.
- Unique Viewpoint: Married couple living and sharing their minimalism meets veganism manifesto and the balance between eating well and living mindfully.
- Creator: Amanda Logan, cook, author, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes and resources
- Unique Viewpoint: Amanda takes classic and much-loved dishes and creates plant-based versions. All her recipes on the blog are vegan, plant-based, with gluten-free options the whole family will enjoy.
21. The Korean Vegan
- Creator: Joanne Molinaro, writer, recipe developer
- Content: Provides recipes and articles
- Unique Viewpoint: Lawyer by day and author/blogger by night, Joanne shares her vegan, plant-based, gluten-free recipes.
- Creator: Shakayla Houston, recipe developer
- Content: Provides recipes, restaurant reviews, and tips
- Unique Viewpoint: Creating vegan dishes that people can’t believe are vegan is something she enjoys doing. On her website you’ll find all plant-based dishes to help make your Meatless Mondays more fun.
24. Pick Up Limes
- Creator: Sadia Badiei, registered dietitian, recipe developer, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, tips and tricks, and advice
- Unique Viewpoint: Registered dietitian Sadia Badiei is a recipe developer and photographer that enjoys sharing her vegan, plant-based recipes, advice, and tips on digestive wellness and sports nutrition.
25. Vegan Health
- Creator: Registered dietitians Reed Mangels, Ginny Messina, Jack Norris, and Taylor Wolfram
- Content: Provides reviews, discussions, and recommendations
- Unique Viewpoint: Vegan Health is an evidence-based nutrient recommendation website that provides evidence-based reviews, discussions, and recommendations.
- Creator: Aph Ko, digital media producer, author
- Content: Provides resources and interviews
- Unique Viewpoint: Creator Aph Ko shares vegan and plant-based resources and interviews with other vegan individuals in the black community.
27. Fried Dandelions
- Creator: Sarah De La Cruz, recipe developer
- Content: Provides recipes, restaurant reviews, resources, and articles
- Unique Viewpoint: Sarah is a recipe developer who provides vegan, family friendly, and allergy-friendly dishes.
- Creator: Sarah Mordelt, recipe developer, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, meal plans, resources, tips, traveling & restaurants
- Unique Viewpoint: Sarah shares her vegan and cost-efficient recipes that are simple, affordable, and tasty all at the same time.
- Creator: Kari Gray
- Content: 30-minute vegan recipes that are gluten-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free
- Unique Viewpoint: Simple plant-based “without a lot of fuss” recipes using whole foods as close as possible to their natural form.
- Creator: Emily Miller, recipe developer, food photography
- Content: Provides vegan recipes
- Unique Viewpoint: Emily focuses on seasonal foods and with that in mind, creates vegan, plant-based dishes with gluten-free and refined sugar-free options.
- Creator: Rebecca Pytell, recipe developer, content creator
- Content: Provides recipes, and celiac disease/food allergy coaching
- Unique Viewpoint: Rebecca shares her vegan, plant-based dishes, with the majority being gluten-free and allergen-free, along with helpful tips and advice on navigating celiac disease and food allergies.
- Creator: Diane Smith, certified plant-based nutrition expert, food over medicine instructor, recipe developer
- Content: Provides recipes, nutrition articles and meal-planning
- Unique Viewpoint: Certified in plant-based nutrition expert and food over medicine instructor, Diane has helped individuals transition to a plant-based lifestyle for over nine years through her recipes, meal-planning and guidance.
- Creator: Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
- Content: Lots of plant-based recipes, informative blog, and downloadable plant-based resources
- Unique Viewpoint: As a dietitian who used to be vegetarian and is now pescatarian, Amy’s goal is to get everyone on board by making plant-based easy and delicious. An expert in her field, she knows her stuff!
34. Purely Planted
- Creator: Nichole Dandrea-Russert, MS, RDN
- Content: Plant-based recipes and wellness blog
- Unique Viewpoint: Nichole is a registered dietitian who has written two books on nutrition, including one for vegan athletes. Her blog includes plant-based nutrition, eco-living, yoga and meditation, and taking action for animals.
- Creator: Jasmine Briones and Chris Petrellese, recipe developers, photographers
- Content: Provides vegan recipes
- Unique Viewpoint: What first started out as a hobby blog has now transformed into a platform for food bloggers Jasmine and Chris to share their passion and creativity of veganism with the world with their vegan recipes.
36. Plant Based RD
- Creator: Catherine Perez, registered dietitian
- Content: Provides recipes, nutrition education tips, and articles
- Unique Viewpoint: Catherine is a registered dietitian who provides vegan, plant-based recipes and nutrition education tips.
37. One Arab Vegan
- Creator: Nada Elbarshoumi, chef, recipe developer, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, resources, reviews, tips and tricks
- Unique Viewpoint: Nada is a chef, recipe developer and photographer, who enjoys sharing some of her favorite vegan, plant-based dishes with a Middle-eastern flavor.
- Creator: Diane Wenze, vegan health and lifestyle coach, chef, and cookbook author
- Content: Easy to navigate collection of vegan recipes and tips on plant-based living
- Unique Viewpoint: Diane offers step by step recipes with photos, how to customize, and how to serve, as well as coaching and cooking classes.
- Creator: Cindy Newland
- Content: Plant-based education and recipes to support health-promoting food choices
- Unique Viewpoint: A certified health coach and professional cook, Cindy shares plant-based recipes and resources like exercise tips and videos, and a 21 Day Plant-Based Challenge.
- Creator: Steven Seighman
- Content: Plant-based recipes that are also nut-free
- Unique Viewpoint: Steven shares delicious and healthy vegan meals that are nut-free, so that those with allergies can enjoy plant-based meals. Steven is also a food photographer, producing high-quality, gorgeous photos of his recipes.
41. Cadry’s Kitchen
- Creator: Cadry Nelson, recipe creator, writer, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, recommendations, and traveling lists
- Unique Viewpoint: Cadry’s food blog focuses on vegan, plant-based comfort food the whole family will enjoy.
- Creator: Gus and Joaco De Obaldia
- Content: Plant-based recipes from around the world
- Unique Viewpoint: Gus and Joaco, fans of cooking, traveling, and photography, share delicious recipes that are influenced by cultures all around the globe.
- Creator: Alina Zavatsky, recipe developer, plant-based diet enthusiast
- Content: Provides recipes, and parenting, lifestyle, traveling, and cooking tips
- Unique Viewpoint: Alina’s goal is to help families transition to a vegan lifestyle in a sustainable and enjoyable way.
44. V Nutrition
- Creator: Mary Ellen Valverde, MS in Nutrition, certified nutrition specialist, licensed nutritionist
- Content: Provides recipes, nutrition guides, products and programs, nutrition consultation, and cooking tips
- Unique Viewpoint: Mary Ellen is a certified nutrition specialist who shows consumers that veganism is easy, tasty, and healthy through her nutrition guides, recipes, and counseling.
- Creator: Remy Park, recipe developer, food photographer, writer, blogger
- Content: Provides recipes, resources, and tips
- Unique Viewpoint: With purpose in mind to spread love and light in the form of vegan recipes, health tips, and resources, Remy is a recipe developer and food blogger who enjoys sharing this. Gluten-free, refined sugar and oil-free options.
46. Vegans Baby
- Creator: Diana Edelman, writer, media personality
- Content: Provides vegan dining guides, and recipes from celebrated chefs
- Unique Viewpoint: Diana helps you navigate the world of vegan dining with her dining guides and shares recipes from celebrated chefs.
47. No Sweat Vegan
- Creator: Julianne Lynch, recipe developer, photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, advice, tips, and meal planning
- Unique Viewpoint: Recipe developer and photographer Julianne provides vegan creations that are low in oil/oil-free, refined sugar-free, and salt optional, as well as simple tips for plant-based eating.
- Creator: Megan Horowitch
- Content: Delicious plant-based recipes, including desserts, that are mostly vegan
- Unique Viewpoint: Megan began her blog as a way to develop vegan versions of her favorite dessert recipes, and it has since evolved into a community where she shares all sorts of delicious plant-based recipes.
- Creator: Renee DeLeon, recipe developer, food photographer
- Content: Provides recipes, health-minded links and tidbits
- Unique Viewpoint: Creator Renee DeLeon is a recipe developer and food photographer who enjoys sharing some of her favorite vegan and gluten-free recipes.
50. Pamela Fergusson
- Creator: Pamela Fergusson, registered dietitian, PhD
- Content: Provides recipes, nutrition information and guides, and personal consultation
- Unique Vision: Health expert and plant-based registered dietitian provides recipes and guides to help one transition into a plant-based diet smoothly.
And because we have our own award-winning, beautiful blog at SharonPalmer.com, we are adding one more blog to our Top 50 Vegan Blogs…dah dah!
- Creator: Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN, recipe developer, author, blogger, photographer
- Content: 100% plant-base recipes for all meal categories, how-to cooking guides, nutrition blogs, free resources, and sustainable living tips
- Unique Viewpoint: Sharon is a registered dietitian nutritionist with an advanced degree in sustainable food systems, which gives her unique expertise and science-based approach to living your best plant-powered life.
Check out last year’s winners of the Top 50 Plant-Based Blogs awards.