The only thing you need to commit to master
You have to keep in mind countless things when you are trying to expand your online fitness training. There is also a long list of things you need to be strong in for the business to thrive. I know he must be confused but listen to me very carefully.
If there’s one thing you need to commit to mastering, it’s…
The ability to connect with your ideal client.
Because if your ideal customer doesn’t honestly believe that you understand where they’re coming from, they won’t feel like you’re the right person to help them.
It all boils down to your ability to connect with your potential customers.
Now, what are some simple ways in which you can ensure that you can connect with your ideal clients consistently and at a high level?
Ask thoughtful open-ended questions
Think of some of the best conversations you’ve ever had in your life. I’m willing to bet the other person has asked you thoughtful, open-ended questions.
These questions have given you frequent opportunities to open up and share things about your life.
Some of them may have encouraged you to be vulnerable.
Many other people have made it easy for you to trust the person you spoke to.
Long story short, the person on the receiving end was able to better understand your experiences (good and bad).
An emotional bridge has been built.
And you both crossed it together to get to the other side.
Do the same for your ideal clients.
Actively listen to their responses
Now, this next step is crucial. Close your mouth and actively listen while the person is talking to you or texting you.
Show them that you are 100% focused on them by repeating the main things they mention to you that are clearly important to them.
This will prove that you are attentive and not trying to multitask.
There is no better way to destroy the possibility of building a connection with someone than by not listening to them.
Listen, learn and wait for your chance to show them how you can add value to their lives.
Follow the 90/10 . rule
This is where we get to the exciting stuff. Have you guys heard the 90/10 rule? number?
Let me break it down for you:
Allow the potential customer to speak for about 90% of the conversation. You’re talking about the other 10%.
Now, I know what many of you are thinking…
“If they’re doing all the talking, how can I show them the value of my program?”
You are empowering your ideal customer to tell you exactly what they hope to find by working with you.
You’ve been asking thoughtful, open-ended questions. Actively listen to their responses. You know exactly what they need because they told you.
There is no need to speak out loud about your children. or your dog. The client doesn’t want to hear you talk about the weather.
Give them a personal example or two when they tell you about current challenges.
Show empathy and that you understand where they come from. But then show them how your program fits their specific needs and lifestyle. Why your program is guaranteed to enable them to achieve the desired results.
Because you will frame it according to everything they told you they needed while talking to you.
Connect with your ideal clients, my friends. It’s the missing link between you and the six-figure world of online fitness training.
This blog originally appeared on our partner’s website at www.theceictedcoach.com and has been republished with permission. To read more about what ACE does with the CEO click here!
Discussion about this post