Looking for a delicious and simple way to boost the power of plant-based protein? I’ve got you covered with this delicious, gluten-free Strawberry Banana Chia smoothie bowl filled with whole fruits, protein powder, plant-based milk, and chia seeds – that’s it! Just five ingredients, whipped into a blender, then poured into a bowl so you can eat this nutrient-packed meal. This is a great way to have a quick and healthy breakfast while running, as well as a meal replacement or protein-rich snack to meet your nutritional needs, such as athletic recovery or endurance events.
I love this smoothie bowl recipe as a meal prep—just make it the day before, pour it into a mason jar, and pack it up for a busy day. Best of all, you can eat this by the spoonful – chia seeds naturally create a thickening effect, so you’ll be satisfied with the juice! Get creative and decorate the top of your juice bowl – or just make it simple and easy – the choice is yours! This nutrient-packed smoothie bowl contains 31 grams of protein, 13 grams of fiber, less than 400 calories, 3 grams of added sugar, and 12 grams of fat. Not to mention all those vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that come in other ingredients. Start your day right with a bowl of strawberry, banana and chia smoothie!
Make a bowl of delicious, gluten-free Strawberry Banana Chia Smoothie in just a few minutes to fuel your day with protein, while keeping it low in added sugars and unwanted ingredients.
- 2 strawberry and banana vegan protein powder
- 1 cup Plant-based, regular, unsweetened milk (such as soy, oats, almonds)
- 1 small banana
- Half a cup Strawberries (fresh or frozen, unsweetened).
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- Banana slices
- Strawberry cut into slices
- chia seeds
- Put the protein powder, plant milk, banana, strawberry, and chia seeds into a small blender. Whisk for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl. May garnish with more bananas, strawberries, and chia seeds.
- Serve immediately, or may refrigerate for an hour or overnight to allow for firmer texture.
- Makes one serving.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- category: smoothie
- dishes: American
- serving size: 1 share
- Calories: 397
- sugar: 3 g
- sodium: 260 mg
- Fat: 12 grams
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 grams
- the basic: 13 grams
- protein: 31 grams
Key words: Vegetable smoothie, strawberry smoothie, healthy smoothie, protein smoothie
For other plant-based smoothies, check out some of my favorites: