The delicious, ripe flavors of sautéed mushrooms tame Sonoma Kale Salad with red grapes, mushrooms, and red wine, all with a bright, sweet pop of red grapes. This salad will make you think of sunny afternoon picnics on a vineyard! One of my favorites, considering I live in California. What I love most about this salad is that you make a delicious warm red wine mushroom sauce in your sauté pan, which you then toss into the salad. This warm vinegar gently softens the cabbage leaves, while providing a rich umami flavor. It’s elegant enough to serve at a lovely dinner party, yet easy and rustic enough to enjoy any night of the week. And you can put it all together in less than 15 minutes.
Make it a meal one by adding tofu to a skillet, and serving it with creamy soup or whole-grain bread. Packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and health-protecting compounds from kale, mushrooms, and grapes, this is a vegan (vegan and gluten-free) masterpiece for your healthy lifestyle. Try different types of cabbage and mushrooms to mix them up a bit. Don’t forget to sip a glass of wine while enjoying this recipe; Quickly imagine yourself lying on a blanket in the sunny Sonoma Vineyard. Uh!
Learn how to make this recipe with my video over here.
Sonoma Kale Salad with Red Grapes, Mushrooms and Red Wine will make you think of sunny afternoon picnics on a vineyard!
- 1 small bunch of cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion or 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional to taste)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups fresh red grapes
- Half a cup roughly chopped walnut
- The washed cabbage is finely chopped, drained and placed in a bowl large salad bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and sauté red onion or shallots, mushrooms and garlic for 7 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and brown and a liquid forms in the skillet.
- Add marjoram, salt, pepper (to taste) and red wine vinegar and stir well to make a warm vinaigrette with mushrooms.
- Pour the warm mushroom sauce over the turnips and toss immediately with tongs. When the mixture has cooled slightly, use your clean hands to massage the cabbage leaves.
- Add grapes and walnuts and feet.
You can add 8 ounces diced tofu in step 2.
- serving size: 1 share
- Calories: 105
- sugar: 7g
- sodium: 31 mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- the basic: 2 g
- protein: 3 g
Key words: Grapes, turnips, salad and mushrooms
Check out some of my favorite vegan salad recipes:
Learn more about The health benefits of mushroomsCheck out my blog.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click over here.