A soba noodle salad can be the foundation of a delicious, healthy meal! Just cook up a pot of soba noodles (which are Japanese buckwheat noodles), then toss them with veggies and a flavorful sauce. You can serve that salad warm, at room temperature, or as a cold soba noodle salad. This easy, yummy soba noodle salad recipe is filled with crunchy snow peas, carrots, green onions, and peanuts; then it’s mixed with a creamy, rich peanut sauce.
Packed in fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and plant protein, this vegan salad can be the star of your plate, and is perfect for meal prep; pack it up to enjoy for meals all week long. It only takes 20 minutes to make this Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce, which is also a great potluck or picnic recipe. Make it gluten-free by swapping out rice noodles and using a gluten-free soy sauce.
Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings 1x
Turn to this easy, yummy vegan recipe for Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce for a filling, satisfying salad recipe that can be a meal in one that can be prepared in 20 minutes.
Soba Noodle Salad:
- 9.5 ounces dried soba noodles
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into small matchsticks
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1/3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
Peanut Sauce Dressing:
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook, uncovered, for about 4 minutes (or according to package directions). Do not overcook. Place in a colander and rinse with cold water, draining off the liquid.
- Transfer the rinsed, cooled noodles to a large mixing or serving bowl. Add the snow peas, carrot, and green onions and toss gently.
- In a small dish, make the peanut sauce by whisking together the vinegar, orange juice, agave nectar, soy sauce, sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
- Add the sauce and toss to distribute well. Sprinkle with the peanuts.
- Serve at room temperature or chill until serving time. Makes 8 servings.
Make this recipe gluten-free by swapping out rice noodles for soba noodles and using a gluten-free soy sauce.
- Prep Time: 18 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 508 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: soba noodle, soba noodle recipe, cold soba noodle salad, soba noodle salad
Try a few of my other favorite vegan salad recipes:
Black Lentil Pesto Salad with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
Pomegranate Avocado Quinoa Salad
Winter Jewel Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Spicy Sorghum Salad with Avocado
Arugula Salad with Tomatoes
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.
Discussion about this post