A crunchy, colorful slaw just can’t be beat! This flavorful, healthy, vegan, gluten-free Rainbow Peanut Slaw with Mandarin Dressing is perfect for any occasion. It’s delicious as a simple salad accompaniment for your weeknight dinner, grill night salad, picnic side, potluck contribution, or topping for your favorite veggie-burger. Plus you can swap out veggies that you have on hand to give it more flexibility, flavor, and color. Trade out carrots for yellow squash, use a different type of cabbage, and try dill instead of cilantro. The versatility starts with you. Though I love the balance and flavor appeal of this salad just the way it is here. Served with a simple, healthy mandarin orange dressing, it is bright, light and full of inviting health (not to mention brimming with vitamin C!). My whole family loves this recipe, as do I! You can also make this recipe as a whole foods no added salt, sugar, oil recipe by simply skipping those ingredients.
This flavorful, healthy, vegan, gluten-free Rainbow Peanut Slaw with Mandarin Dressing is perfect for any occasion! Colorful, healthy, easy, and delicious, it’s a go-to accompaniment with veggie-burgers, picnics, and weeknight dinners.
- 1 small head (about 14 ounces) red cabbage, sliced into wedges,
- 2 medium carrots (orange, red, purple, yellow), trimmed
- 3 medium radishes (pink, white, red), trimmed
- ¼ onion
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced into quarters
- 1 small bell pepper (yellow, orange, green, red), sliced into quarters
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- Using a food processor with a large shredding attachment, shred the red cabbage, carrots, radishes, onions, fennel, and bell pepper into the food processor container. (Alternatively, use a box shredder to shred the vegetables.) Transfer the shredded vegetables into a large salad bowl.
- Add cilantro and peanuts and gently toss ingredients.
- Zest the peel and squeeze the juice from the 2 mandarins (or tangerines) and place in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil (optional), black pepper, salt (optional), garlic powder, and agave syrup (optional). Whisk together with a fork until smooth.
- Drizzle over the top of the salad and gently mix. Chill until ready to serve. Use salad within 3 days.
- Makes 10 servings (about ¾ cup each).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: slaw, homemade slaw, peanut slaw, vegan slaw recipe
For other favorite salad recipes, check out some of my favorites:
Kachumber (Cucumber) Salad
Wax Bean Cherry Tomato Salad
Kiwi Herb Salad with Pistachios and Orange Dressing
Green and Gold Brown Rice Salad
Black Lentil Pesto Salad with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.