Strawberries are good for your whole body. They present normally vitaminsEspecially high levels of fibre Antioxidants Better known as polyphenols – without any sodium, fat or cholesterol. They are among the top 20 fruits in terms of antioxidant capacity and a good source of manganese and potassium. Just one serving—about 8 tons of strawberries—provides more Vitamin C from an orange.
This member of the rose family is not actually a fruit or berry but an enlarged receptacle of a flower. Choose medium-sized ones that are firm, plump, and dark red in color; Once picked, they do not ripen further. First cultivated in ancient Rome, strawberries are now the most popular berry fruit in the world. In France, they were previously considered an aphrodisiac.
Strawberry salad with grilled shrimp
Makes 4 servings
2 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
2 cups watercress, washed and dried
2 cups strawberries (about 1 point), peeled and sliced
2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
3 tablespoons of pecans, toasted and chopped
2 small green onions, sliced
1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey mustard
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of fresh minced basil
A pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients (except shrimp) in a large bowl. Throw it gently.
- Prepare the dressing: Whisk the vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grilling Shrimp: Heat and oil your grill outdoors or on the stove. When heated through, add the shrimp and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until lightly charred and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Divide the salad among four plates. Arrange the grilled shrimp on top.
- Drizzle the sauce over each and serve.
Per serving: 251 calories, 23g protein, 12.5g carbs, 12.8g fat (4g Saturated fat) 177 mg cholesterol, 2.5g fiber, 306mg sodium. Calories from fat: 45%.
Discussion about this post