Increasing your audience is essential to the success of your health and wellness coaching business. You need qualified leads who are willing and enthusiastic to work with you.
One of the most effective ways to grow your audience is with a freebie.
What is a freebie? It’s a useful piece of content that your audience downloads in exchange for their email address. It offers value to your audience and puts them on your email list.
You may have heard of a freebie before, but how do you actually create one? Keep reading to find it.
Why is the freebie important?
Your email list is one of your most powerful marketing tools as a health and wellness coach. Social media can be effective in increasing your exposure to new potential clients. But email is where you gain loyalty with your audience and sell your offerings.
In fact, email marketing can generate an ROI of 4200%.1
But for an email message to be effective, you need to constantly develop your email list with engaged potential customers. How to grow your email list? With valuable free gifts that grab your audience’s attention.
Here are two main benefits of creating a useful free gift:
- Proof of credibility. Your audience usually wants to see your credibility before they decide to buy from you. Giving useful information for free can show your knowledge and get them excited about working together.
- Get email addresses. Ask for the audience’s email address and deliver the freebie to their inbox. Now that you have their email, you can start building trust with them in your email marketing.
Freebie makes all your marketing efforts more effective by redirecting you to your email list. You can start promoting it within any of your marketing channels, such as social media.
Let’s say you focus on increasing your social media presence. Link your freebie inside your Instagram bio and promote your freebie in your content. This leads people to your email list, where you can start a relationship and sell your offers.
As you grow your list, you’ll want to make sure you start creating email marketing content as well. But for now, let’s focus on your freebie and how to create an effective one.
How to create a freebie
There are many different types of freebies you can create, such as a webinar, Facebook challenge, or video training – to name a few. But one of the most popular types you’ve probably heard about is a free e-book.
If this is your first time creating a freebie, our free e-book is an effective place to start! You can add different types of free gifts in the future.
Here are five steps to creating a valuable free eBook:
- Choose a topic. Identify a problem your customer has and your e-book can solve it. If you tend to ask the same question multiple times, this can be an effective topic. Try to choose a topic related to one of the services you offer. For example, if you are a nutrition expert, create an e-book about an eating habit that you can help them adapt to. This makes them interested in learning more about your paid offers after they consume your free content. Check out more industry-specific freebie ideas below!
- Find the store. After selecting the topic, delve into your research. Find out what your audience wants to know before they start writing. For example, you can search the topic on Google and check related searches to see what people are interested in. Or create a poll on Instagram and ask your audience directly.
- Define your audience. List the pain points your audience is experiencing that the e-book solves. Next, think about any objections they might have that might make them hesitate – and address them directly. Try to reframe your pain points in a positive light. Focus on the transformation they will experience after implementing the e-book advice.
- Outline and write. Before you begin writing, outline each section of the e-book and what you will be presenting. An outline gives you a starting point and direction rather than staring at a blank page. When you start writing, remember to focus on the reader. Meet them wherever they are, empathize with their pain points, and offer the solution. At the end of the e-book, explain how the audience can work with you.
- design. Use a simple design site to make your e-book look clean and professional. canvas Various models make the design simple. Don’t get caught up in the design! You have done the difficult task of providing value in the e-book; Now it’s time to put it all together in a simple PDF file.
Your goal with the e-book is to provide value as well as capture the audience’s interest in learning more about you. So, be sure to include a call to action urging them to explore your services.
Freebie ideas for health and wellness coaches
The health and wellness market is growing rapidly at the moment. A simple Google search can give you a lot of ideas about what people might be interested in. But if you’re still not sure what to write about, we’re here to help!
Steal these freebie ideas as starters in thinking for your next eBook.
- Nutrition coach: A five-day food reset to heal your gut. Provide a meal plan and shopping list for your audience to easily eat healthy food.
- Fitness coach: Four HIIT exercises to build strength and endurance. Walk the audience through a simple exercise and explain the benefits.
- Holistic Health Coach: What is holistic health? Debunk the myth or mystery about holistic health and explain the benefits.
- Health and Wellness Coach: How to create a personal wellness plan for optimal health. Provide instructions on how to plan your weekly exercise, mindset, and healthy habits to improve overall health.
- Mental coach: Five steps to a mindful morning routine. Explain the five best thought practices that make a person successful in their day.
Here are some simple ideas to get you started. As you research your research, write down any other topics that seem important or interesting to your audience. You can always create many freebies to attract different audiences.
AFPA’s comprehensive programs provide you with the knowledge and tools to become an expert health coach – and grow your business or career.
To get started, check out two of our most popular courses:
- Holistic Health Coach: Get comprehensive training in both health coaching and comprehensive nutrition. Yes, you can access two certifications in one!
- Health and Wellness Coach: Create health plans tailored for your clients to integrate into their lives. Teach clients how to be responsible, follow through, and reach their health goals.
We’ve helped thousands of students grow their businesses and make a bigger impact in the lives of their clients. We can’t wait to help you either.
And good luck with the freebie – you’ve got this!