My dogs mean a lot to me! So, of course, their foods, including foods, are also very important. That’s why I’m so excited to share this delicious recipe for healthy homemade dog treats that you can make from foods you may have in your pantry right now. With just 4 ingredients, you can make easy and totally organic homemade dog treats with pumpkin and peanut butter in no time. Then you can store them in airtight containers to give to your furry loved ones all week long.
After all, a lot of store-bought dog treats are just junk food. So why not treat your kids well to homemade dog food biscuits, made with healthy, organic, and 100% gluten-free vegan ingredients, including pumpkin, oats, peanut butter, and flaxseeds. Simply mix the mixture, roll it up and cut it into shapes, then bake it. Watch your little ones go crazy for this vegan dog food! I know my kids, Teddy and Violet, definitely do. And to be honest, I think these dog biscuits taste pretty good too. There’s no reason your pet’s parents can’t enjoy a bite or two, too!
This easy and healthy recipe for homemade dog treats with pumpkin and peanut butter is based on just 4 ingredients! However, these organic, vegan, gluten-free dogs are absolutely delicious – and your pets will love them!
- Put the oats in a bowl food processor or blender Process it until the consistency is fine. Remove ½ cup of oatmeal from the bowl of a food processor or blender and set aside, leaving the rest of the oatmeal in the container.
- Add the pumpkin, peanut butter, and flaxseeds to a food processor or blender bowl with the oatmeal, and blend until very smooth (about 2-3 minutes).
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of oatmeal on a clean table or cutting boardThen remove a quarter of the dough from a food processor or blender onto a floured surface. Sprinkle oatmeal and grind with pastry roller Up to about an inch thick. Cut into desired shapes using a biscuit cutter (Dip in oatmeal to prevent sticking.) Fold the remaining dough scraps into the next batch of dough, and repeat until all of the dough is rolled out and cut into shapes.
- Place on lined baking sheets Butter paper or spray it Non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and set.
- Let it cool and store in airtight containers.
- Makes about 28 large cookies.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
Key words: Homemade dog treats, organic dog treats, healthy homemade dog food, vegan dog food
For other vegan (non-dog) snack ideas, check out:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click over here.