I love these easy, plant-based, vegan Herbed Lentil Patties with Mushroom Sauce for a satisfying comfort food meal any day of the week. You can whip up these healthy, protein-rich lentil patties in no time. Just cook together lentils and grains, and mix with veggies, oats, and seasonings. Then shape into patties and bake in the oven until golden brown. Serve these lentil patties with a creamy, savory vegan mushroom sauce. I love to enjoy this recipe with a side of whipped potatoes and a crisp salad for a hearty meal that will satisfy the mind, body and soul.
This recipe is also one of my most popular holiday entrees. This recipe features ancient, gluten-free grains. In fact, the patties are completely gluten-free, and you can make the mushroom sauce gluten-free by swapping out corn starch for the wheat flour.
Watch Sharon make this recipe on her IGTV Plant-Based Cooking Show.
These easy, healthy vegan Herbed Lentil Patties with Mushroom Sauce are pure comfort food bliss! Just mix up the batter and bake them in the oven, then serve with a savory creamy mushroom sauce.
To make Herbed Lentil Patties:
- Place lentils and quinoa (or other ancient grain) in a small pot and add broth. Cover and simmer over medium heat about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very tender. You may have to add additional water to compensate for evaporation during cooking.
- Drain any leftover liquid and transfer cooked lentils and quinoa to a bowl and mash slightly.
- Add carrot, onions, herbs, garlic, oats, flax, oregano, and black pepper to bowl with lentils and teff and mix well. Add mustard, soy sauce and vinegar and stir well to moisten all ingredients. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Press ½-cup lentil patty mixture into a measuring cup or scoop, place onto the baking sheet, and flatten down to create firm, round patties about ½-inch thick. Form 8 patties with mixture.
- Place in oven on top rack and bake for about 40 minutes, until golden and firm. Remove and serve with mushroom sauce.
To make Mushroom Sauce:
- While lentil patties are baking, make Mushroom Sauce. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Whip together soymilk, flour, salt (optional), black pepper, and soy sauce with a whisk in a small bowl until smooth with no lumps.
- Pour mixture into saucepan and cook for about 8 minutes, until bubbly and thick.
- Serve about 5 tablespoons sauce per portion.
Make this gluten-free by using gluten-free oats and substituting corn starch for the wheat flour.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 223 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: vegan balls, veggie balls, vegan dinner, lentil patties, mushroom sauce, creamy mushroom sauce
For other plant-based veggie burgers and patties, try some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.