Packed with colorful crunchy vegetables, fresh vinaigrette dressing, and just chopped Italian salads Very well! They tend to have simple ingredients, such as lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and olives. While many classic chopped salad recipes include meat and cheese, this vegan Italian chopped salad recipe adds chickpeas to those veggies for a protein-rich addition.
A light Italian vinaigrette, with a simple touch of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and oregano, provides just the right balance for this super-simple salad recipe that’s rustic and easy enough for a weeknight meal, yet special enough for your holiday table. You can also substitute ingredients to taste—substitute jicama for horseradish or bell pepper, for example. And try to follow the seasons for this salad recipe, and switch up seasonal ingredients as they become available. Like snow peas or asparagus in the spring and carrots or radishes in the winter. This easy recipe will soon become your favorite salad dressing of the year.
This chopped vegetable Italian salad is bright, crunchy and full of good taste and nutrition.
- Add lettuce, cabbage, jicama, tomato, cucumber, onion, green olives, and chickpeas to a large salad bowl and toss gently.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the salad and toss gently.
- Serve immediately. Makes 8 servings (1 cup each).
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- category: Salad
- dishes: American, Mediterranean
Key words: Chopped Italian salad and chopped salad
For other vegan salad recipes, check out:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click over here.