The tent had only one function – shelter. As long as it separates you from everything that happens outside, be it rain, wind, or sun, bugs, or temporary, she was doing her job. This is no longer the case. car camping Family camping tents now come in a huge range of shapes and sizes. There are mansions and multi-suite tents with sprawling patios, towering nylon domes, and portable canvas tents.
Basically, family camping tents are steadily moving towards the ultimate goal of making the camp site feel like a home away from home, with all the individuality that it suggests. This means there is a tent to suit your family’s specific needs, but you’ll have to dig through the growing array of options to find it.
Here’s what to look for when shopping for family camping tents:
- Start with the number of people you need to house. Now add space for one or two more people, so you have extra space to play with. We love the covered halls for extra dry storage.
- Keep in mind when you will use it. Those who camp regardless of the outlook should opt for more durable, ground-flying fabrics, while those in mild weather may need a design with a removable fly that allows for star gazing.
- Do you have a small car or need to carry the tent to get to camp? Consider weight and packability.
- Don’t underestimate the setting. It is very easy to pitch most tents these days, but the general rule is that the larger the tent, the more complex, challenging and time-consuming the setup.
- Get excited about the little details. Things like pockets, tablet ports, multiple doors, and even floor patterns won’t make or end a camping trip, but they are like wall art. Small details make you feel at home.
To access exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, Subscribe to YouTube!