Beets are packed with special nutrients linked with lowering inflammation and aiding in a variety of benefits, from reducing the risk of cancer and high blood pressure, to optimizing athletic performance. Whenever nature paints fruits and vegetables in beautiful colors, as she does with beets, you often find those colors are the markers of phytochemicals that provide special bioactive benefits in foods. And that’s not all–the beet greens are packed with vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals too. I try to include beets in my diet regularly, and one way I do that is to add beets to my smoothie recipes. You can drop a fresh beet–along with the greens for ultimate nutrition–into smoothies. This healthy, plant-based, gluten-free beet smoothie recipe includes one full beet with greens, along with brightly colored berries and flax seeds, to create a brilliantly colored, nutritious beet root smoothie. Blend it up and enjoy two smoothies in just a few minutes for a great start to your day, as well as a power snack or light meal.
Total Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 2 servings 1x
Make a super-healthy smoothie out of the whole beet plant, from root to leaves, with this delicious beet smoothie recipe.
- 1 fresh medium beet root with greens
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or strawberries), fresh or frozen, unsweetened
- 2 cups plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened (i.e., soy, oat, almond)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- Remove beet greens from beet root and coarsely chop the greens. Add greens to the container of a blender.
- Scrub beet root with a vegetable brush and quarter (do not peel). Add to the blender container.
- Add pomegranate seeds or berries to the blender container.
- Add plant-based milk, flax seeds, and maple syrup to blender container.
- Process on high until very smooth (about 2-3 minutes).
- Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy! Makes 2 (2 cups each) smoothies.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beet smoothie, beet smoothie recipe, beet root smoothie
For other smoothies, check out the following:
Purple Power Blueberry Smoothie
Golden Turmeric Smoothie
Green Pistachio Smoothie
Zingy Avocado Banana Smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.
Discussion about this post