When I get perfect tomatoes–fantastic, heavy, juicy, and ripe–from the farmers’ market, this recipe for Arugula Salad with Tomatoes is one of my favorite easy salads to showcase those perfect tomatoes. Inspired by the classic Caprese salads of Italy, this vegan salad with arugula and tomatoes pairs the perfect tomato with arugula, olive oil, pine nuts, basil, balsamic vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil to make this recipe entirely vegan. This is also a great recipe for displaying a bumper crop of tomatoes in your garden. This simple watercress salad is packed with amazing flavor and texture, and you can make it in just 10 minutes with just 5 ingredients, not including staples! It’s one of my favorite vegan salad recipes, too!
This easy salad is also a great presentation for your own garden. In fact, the photo here shows all the produce I cut from my Southern California botanical garden. Don’t forget to try the heirloom tomatoes in this salad too – this recipe features golden tomatoes, however you can use red, purple, or even green tomatoes! Even if you don’t have a garden, you can still enjoy farm-fresh produce by frequenting farmers’ markets, where foods are harvested hours before they are bought and brought home. You can also find seasonal products in your supermarket. This super-easy salad is the perfect recipe for warm summer days, and it’s great to bring with you to parties and picnics. presented it with sandwichesAnd the vegetables
This simple arugula salad with tomatoes can be made in 10 minutes using just five ingredients to make a wonderful, seasonal vegetable salad perfect with any meal.
- 4 cups small arugula leaves
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes (try heirloom tomatoes, if desired), sliced horizontally into thin slices
- Half a cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Half a cup pine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt to taste (optional)
- Place the watercress leaves in a salad bowl or shallow salad bowl.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the watercress.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and pine nuts.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and pure olive oil.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt (optional).
- Feet it right away! Makes 4 servings.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- category: Salad
- dishes: American
- serving size: 1 share
- Calories: 110
- sugar: 3 g
- sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 9.5 grams
- Saturated fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- the basic: 1.8 grams
- protein: 2.5 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Key words: Farmers market, vegetable salad, tomato salad, arugula salad, simple arugula salad
For other healthy summer salad recipes, try the following:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click over here.